Friday, January 22, 2010

30 weeks- almost done!!

Another week has past and was relatively uneventful! Well if you consider Braxton Hicks contractions on and off uneventful :) They have been continuing to come and go as they please. I usually get a handful everyday and they are usually in the morning time, they are not painful just uncomfortable and a little annoying! But at the same time they make me excited for what's to come....YOU!!!


I also had a doctor's appointment this week, just a routine one! We did discuss the contractions I was having and she said as long as I have no more that 5 an hour then all is OK. She then listened to your little heartbeat, 155, which is about where you have been the whole time. Then she finally measured my belly...which I know is big :) I go back in 2 weeks to start the weekly non stress test and ultrasounds. I am very excited about having ultrasounds every week, but not about those pesky non stress tests! So hopefully those all go well!!

Daddy has been making fun of my breathing lately because it is getting bad, especially when I'm trying to sleep. I know its because you are getting so big and pushing all my organs up so my lungs are not able to expand, but holy cow I huff and puff just sitting on the couch!! I am looking forward to when you drop into the pelvis because then maybe I can get off the couch or walk across the room without feeling like I'm going to pass out!

Most of this week though as consisted of my thinking about this labor and birth and how I would like it to go. I mentioned in my last post that I was thinking about trying for a natural birth, no pain meds! That is my main goal...well besides a happy and HEALTHY little girl. I am really considering trying the hypnobirthing, and a friend of mine has offered to lend me her hypnobirthing books and Cd's! Another one of my friends is a music therapist and is trained in music assisted childbirth and has offered to talk to me about that too! I am really excited to try some of these techniques because I think it is just what I needed to have the birth that I have always wanted! Through all this research I have also decided to create a birth plan which is something I have never done before. I found it so empowering and I really hope we are able to stick to the plan for the most part! I will add my birth plan in a separate post!

I think that about sums up this week, until next time!

I Love You,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment