Monday, February 1, 2010

ultrasound, non-stress test, Dr. appointment, OH MY! (32 weeks)

Well the weekly ultrasounds and non stress tests started this week! They make for very long doctor appointments, NO FUN! Except the ultrasounds, I always enjoy those :) But I guess we should start at the beginning before my doctor's appointment.

I started having really bad rib pain this week. Like so bad it hurt to breath, cough, laugh, bend over, sometimes to walk. It really felt like a broken rib would but I was pretty sure It wasn't broken, but bruised most definitely. This would be because I was starting to bruise on the outside, yes you read that right, not a big dark bruise but one nonetheless. I did some research and found that this is actually common in pregnancy and could be because of your position and it may be foot stuck inside my ribs or just you pushing up against them!! I knew you were head down so I figured that must be the problem. At my doctors appointment I mentioned this problem although by this day, it actually was feeling better...go figure. She said she also believes it was the position and to just let her know if it occurs again. So for mommy's sake could you lay of the rib, literally ;)


Monday was my doctor's appointment. I was scheduled for the ultrasound at 9:30AM, then the NST immediately after that, and then finally to see the doctor. The ultrasound went very well, you are still measuring a week ahead which is where you have consistently been measuring so that's great! All the organs and heart rate looked great, and your fluid was good. She did try to peak at your gender just for a added peace of mind but you are so cramped in there already we could not see. But that's OK because I know you are a girl :) We did get a pretty good face shot and I could see hair, quite a bit too!! I am so excited. I was hoping you had a lot like your brothers so I could but bows and such on you. You are still head down, so just stay put!


The non-stress test went perfectly too. You are a very happy little girl and were all over the place. Actually had trouble keeping you on the monitor you were moving so much! I even got to hear you with the hiccups, which is always fun to feel, but even funnier to hear! So..you PASSED! Way to go baby girl!

I will go back next Monday for the same thing. So I guess until then behave yourself!

I LOVE you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment