Saturday, November 28, 2009

23 weeks and Thanksgiving!

Well this has been a pretty exciting week! Thursday was Thanksgiving and we spent it with mommy's family! We went to your great Aunt Brenda's house for a very yummy lunch. I'm pretty sure I ate enough turkey and mashed potatoes to hold me over until next year ;) You were quite active that day too so I'm assuming you were enjoying the food just as much as mommy! I was a little crampy that day and my lower back was sore but other than that we had a great Turkey Day!


That night we got home around 5:30 p.m. and of course the first thing I had to do was pee. Although this bathroom run turned out to be anything but normal....I noticed some spotting. It was not only in the toilet, but when I wiped too ( I know TMI) but I started to get a little nervous. So I sat down for a few minutes and tried to rest to see if it would go away. Well I ended up going to the bathroom 2 more times within a half hour and I was still spotting, less but it was still there. This along with the cramping had me worried so I went ahead and called the doctor. They told me to head to the hospital right away to be checked out in case there was a problem with the placenta.

Luckily Grandma had come over to visit so she stayed with the boys, and daddy and I were off to make sure you were OK. Once at the hospital they started checking everything. They checked your heartbeat...that was great! They hooked me up to see if I was contracting...I wasn't. They did an exam to make sure I was not dialated and that there was no active bleeding that they could see....all was good there too! Then they did an ultrasound to make sure they couldn't see any bleeding on that and to make sure the placenta was not over my cervix....no problems there! Although you did give mommy and daddy a nice conformation shot that you were still a girl and that you are roughly 1.3 lbs WoohOO my big girl :) Last thing they did was send some urine off to the lab to make sure I didn't have a UTI...came back negative. So after 2 hours at the hospital they really have no explanation for the bleeding because everything looked great! I felt better, and was very grateful you were alright :)


On a more happy and exciting note I got some of your first clothes today in the mail!! Oh boy was I excited to finally be holding PINK clothes! I bought a lot of nice stuff from a lady on Cafemom for $40 including shipping, talk about a deal. I can't believe how tiny the clothes are, its hard to believe that at one point your brother's were that tiny. Here are some pictures of your first outfits!




I truly have so much to be thankful for this year. I am thankful for a wonderful fiance who would do anything for us and works so hard to provide for us and allow me to be a stay at home mommy!
I am thankful for 2 beautiful boys who just light up my life! I am so proud of them :)
I am thankful for our family and friends, who are always there for us!
I am thankful for you. Thankful that god thought you needed to be in our lives. Thankful that you are doing healthy and growing well!

I am so blessed :) We are counting down until you are here!

I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment